Aerial yoga is becoming increasingly popular — and for a good reason! This unique blend of acrobatic movements and yoga asanas is great for body and soul. If you haven’t tried it yet, consider some really good reasons to book your intro class.
1. It’s Fun
No doubt about it, aerial makes you feel like a carefree kid! Remember swinging on the playground until you got that sinking feeling in your stomach, watching your feet go over your head? It’s kinda like that. The suspension created by the aerial hammock makes you feel as light as a feather. The yogis say to “be child-like, not childish.” Well, this class definitely helps with that one.
2. It Builds Core and Upper Body Strength
Unless you are going to a relaxation class, Aerial yoga requires some upper body and core strength to be done correctly. And the slight resistance the aerial hammocks provide is so good at targeting those hard to reach stabilizing muscle groups. It’s one thing to lift up into Boat Pose (Navasana) on your yoga mat, but the exercise changes dramatically when you are in a hammock. The same goes for many other asanas, too — Chaturanga with the feet suspended off the floor, Warrior II with your leg supported, and Dancer to name a few.
3. It Takes You to Your Edge
If you think you feel comfortable in your favorite yoga asana, imagine that little burst of added effort to make it a little bit more interesting. That’s what Aerial yoga does. It takes you out of your comfort zone and into the air or an inverted space. The first time I went into Upside Down Baddha Konasana I felt a rush of excitement. I admit it wasn’t totally comfortable at first. But the more I anticipated the pose and could move into it more freely, the longer I could stay there and find steadiness. It takes practice, but stepping over the edge is worth it.
4. It Really Helps with Stress and Back Tension
As long as the asanas are done safely and correctly, the spinal decompression from Aerial inversion suspension asanas feels really good. It’s like the spine has room to expand and breathe. Inversions on the floor can be a little more challenging. Although the silks still require you to have upper body strength and balance, they are helping to support you in Headstand, Handstand, Downward Dog, Dolphin, etc. So the pressure felt on the spine is much less, and the result is more fluidity of movement, flexibility, and decompression of the spine.
5. Vibes Fitness is Unique and Awesome
The best part of the class is the unique environment and the two cats wandering around the studio. If you are lucky the may perform some tricks for you and even stretch or roll around under your hammocks. There is something about being engulfed in the silk like a cocoon, completely surrounded by the fabric and muted lights after a great practice that is unique and blissful. You feel safe and happy. The experience is truly incredible, and I invite you to see for yourself.
How to claim your one-off $23 Aerial yoga class or 2 for 1 offer $31.90
- Click on the following link to find out all about antigravity fitness aerial yoga circus classes and silks. Click here
- The following information too either needs to be downloaded, printed and signed prior participating in any private or group class sessions related to Anti-gravity yoga, aerial yoga or read before your first session.
- BEFORE paying please text or call Margie to see if there is a place for you in the class – on 0412 526 383. Let us know that you are claiming the $23 one off Aerial yoga class. Details you need to share with her, are; name, contact number, class choice and time. Depending on your skill level and what class you’ll like to try, You can also email Margie too at and don’t forget to mention in subject line $23 one off offer for joining the newsletter
- Payment is only accepted via direct deposit at this special rate. Unless you are in Fitzroy you can drop off cash.
If you do a bank transfer please check with us before paying to see if there is a place in the class. Details are; Account Name: Vibes Fitness BSB: 633 000 Account 121 986 111. When making payment from your bank to ours, please make sure you write your name in reference and send us a copy of the receipt too. Thank you so much. we look forward to meeting you and teaching you how to fly 🙂