Margie Cerato, the founder of Vibes Fitness, has over 30 years of experience in the health, wellness, exercise & rehab, and fitness industry. Margie’s thirst & passion for knowledge has her educating and updating her qualifications every six months. Margie is always studying, researching the latest information and exercises, and ensuring value is added to her clients. She has worked with over 5,000 clients. 2012, Margie set up a Not For Profit Registered Charity with DGR status, Focusing on All Abilities. She loves making a difference in people’s lives. Celebrating Abilities Inc., a not-for-profit, is committed to enriching the lives of our local community by providing unique and joyful physical experiences for people living with disabilities, whether physical, acquired, mental health, intellectual or emotional, and people experiencing marginalization in their lives.
She has appeared on Channel 10 “Good Morning Australia” with Bert Newton, Channel 9 “Ernie & Denise”, “What’s Cooking” with Geoff Janz and Kerrie-Anne Kennerly, radio stations 3AK and 3MP, and public TV Channel 31 about staying fit and feeling good. She has worked with many celebrities and is well known as a personal trainer for the stars, having toured with Meatloaf, singer Patrick McMahon, and a host of Channel 7 Healthy, Wealthy and Wise, Ronnie Burns, Comedian Bruno Lucia, International Entertainers “Air Supply”. She also worked with Charlie Pickering, Eddie Perfect, Corrine Grant, Vikka (Victoria Azarenka) Coxy’s big break, Foxtel, channel 31, and more.
– Exercise & Sports Science
– Postural Analysis
– Level 1V in Fitness
– Stott Pilates Reformer
– Pilates Institute UK Matwork
– Clinical Pilates Physio and Osteo based
– Power Pilates
– Pilates -Yoga lattes
– Pilates for Rehabilitation
– Remedial Pilates – Fitness Pilates- Reformer -Fitness Pilates- Pilates Mat level 2 From Traditional to – Contemporary- -Pilates Pre and Post Natal –
– Advanced Resistance Training
– Advanced Programming
– Fitness Australia National Registration
– AOK Medical Certification
– Aust School of Health & Sports Science) Units 1-6
– Nutrition & Body Fat Management
– Exercise for Special Populations
– Fitnation Personal Training Certificate
– Fat loss Certificate & Boxercise Coach
– Paul Chek Swiss Ball Workshops
– Aromatherapy Massage
- Neurolinguistics practitioner
- Author Ball Exercises to Stretch & Strengthen
- Author Ball Exercises “Class Format”
- Life Coaching (wellness leader course)
- Mini Moves Teacher /trainer
- Kids Fitness Programs
- Children’s Diploma Fitness
- Cert 4 in Personal Training
- Exercises for Rehabilitation Cert
- Pre &Post natal pregnancy
- Cycle Excel Level 2 instructor
- AntiGravity Yoga teacher level 1 and 2 flying fitness
- Antigravity Fitness for Kids
- Antigravity AIRbarre
- Antigravity Restorative Yoga
- Antigravity Aerial Fitness 1 and 2
- Gloves on cert in Boxing level 1-2 train the trainer –
- Aerial Fabric beg to advanced- Circus Training Aust – Tissu beg to intermediate – with a Physio Fee Coulson
- Handle compassionate therapy levels 1 and 2 (Neuroscience)
- Master REHAB trainer (rehabilitation specialist)
- Mindfulness Facilitator Teacher Training
- Mindfulness Diploma
First Aid HLTAID003 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- First Aid HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Bungee Super Fly Teacher Training Fundamentals 1
- Pilates & Props (small Apparatus for Pilates)
- Fitness Pilates Reformer (Safe Inspired, Reformer Designed for the Fitness Industry)
- Founder & Teacher Trainer -Bungee FLy Fit Teacher Trainer Courses (Fitness Australia accreditation 15 CEC)
- Founder & Teacher Trainer -Yoga Wheel Teacher Training Courses
- Founder & Teacher Trainer -Aerial Silks Teacher Training Courses
- Founder & Teacher Trainer – Pilates Reformer & chair Teacher Trainer Courses
- Meditation mindfulness breathing workshops/certifications
- NOI -pain management /certifications- (pain management specialist)
- Disability officer and worker
- Lifestyle support officer -Celebrating Abilities Inc
- Senior personal care worker -Celebrating Abilities Inc
- Behavioural support officer -Celebrating Abilities Inc
- Life enhancement officer -Celebrating Abilities Inc
- Psychosocial Mental Health Recovery Coach Celebrating Abilities Inc
- Natural Walking Workshop (Donna Ellerton)
- NOI cert- Explain Pain David, Butler Tim Cocks & Lorimer Mosley
- NOI Certificate Graded Motor Imagery 2019 (Neuro Orthopaedic Institute Australasia) neuroimmunology & neuroscience
- NOI pain management specialist
- Psychosocial Recovery Coach
I was born on the 21st of March. As you can see from the photo, I liked to climb trees and was a bit of a tomboy.
My parents are European: my mother is Spanish, and my father is Italian. Growing up, there was always plenty of food available. My family members are all of a more significant body type, so I always believed I would never be skinny. I was genetically predisposed to having a larger body type.
Looking back, it seems like a lifetime ago.
I now have over 30 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, and after witnessing many changes sweeping through the industry, I have many stories to share with you.
The next photo shows me at 16, weighing 65 kg with 35% body fat. I wasn’t uncomfortable being so voluptuous and having large breasts, as people always looked at me. I remember thinking, as a teenager, that all I wanted was abs. As you can see by the photo, I was quite voluptuous. Initially, exercising was hard work because I wouldn’t say I liked doing it. I spent most of my teen years yo-yo dieting, jumping onto every new fad diet going around at the time.
As a teenager, sometimes I remember starving myself. I can also remember one day when I ate 2 litres of ice cream, a massive bag of twisties and a block of Cadbury chocolate. I was a binge eater as a teenager and a carbohydrate addict, often eating until I couldn’t move. (These days, it’s called emotional/stress eating).
My childhood was lonely. I remember feeling very different from everybody else. Often, I would get upset knowing I was so different. I was laughing or crying and had so many mixed emotions that I never expressed to anyone.
Eating seemed to comfort me and appeared to be my only solution to feeling good, but it always left me feeling guilty and empty. Being an emotional eater and European, often out of control emotionally, created a recipe for disaster. Our whole lives were based around food and eating. My parent’s beliefs were constantly thrown at us, laced with liberal servings of guilt, with statements like: “Finish off the food on your plate as kids are starving in India!” and “During the war, we only had bread and lard to eat”.
The First Step Forward
The turning point was when I started working in the health and fitness industry. I began studying educating my mind and body in the functioning of our bodies. I realized that I had to deal with the emotions and was bottling up. I had low self-esteem and was not at peace. The healing commenced, starting with my mind from the inside out. I began to deal with all those bottled-up emotions and the reasons for the binge eating and food addictions. I studied the blood type diet. Being an O+ blood type, I should eat a caveman diet with lots of protein, veggies, and fruit. I experimented with this and found that it works for me. I learned that when the body isn’t getting enough nutrients, you often binge or crave carbohydrates. Eating for your blood type will feed your body the nutrients it needs and satisfy cravings. It indeed has stopped my carb cravings. If, at times, the cravings re-appear, I know there is something out of balance physically and emotionally. I have trained myself to understand the reasons for the cravings. Often, nutrition deficiencies, e.g. magnesium etc. I teach all my clients about wishes and the reasons for them. I then have to ask, “What am I stuffing down?” What am I not dealing with Emotionally?
I eat a balanced food intake, including carbohydrates, throughout the day, often eating them in the morning and at lunchtime. At night, I eat smaller portion sizes consisting of protein and veggies. I also do not eat any preservatives or processed foods. Once a week, I have a free day and eat goodies that I like.
This works for me. I am constantly studying and educating myself; every six months, I go somewhere for a weekend, week or month to update my knowledge and qualifications. I’m like a sponge soaking up all new information I can get my hands on, learning as much as possible.
Twenty-five years ago, I had chronic fatigue glandular fever. I also cracked my sacrum rollerblading with a friend. I fell, landing on my buttocks, and bounced on the concrete. It was excruciating. I couldn’t walk properly for a long time. At that point, I had no balance in my life. It was another critical point where I needed to stop and listen to my body and mind, take a break, re-evaluate and heal. Around the same time, I had a car accident, which hurt my jaw and neck.
I put on 20 kg. I weighed 72kg, with my body fat at 42%.
With x-rays, I visited every health professional I thought might help. It felt as though I had received advice from half of Melbourne. I have scoliosis in the spine. My sacrum aches when I am not fit or do not have a strong core. I have TMJ grind my jaw when stressed. I was frustrated by experiencing pain. So, I went back to eating in search of comfort. One day, I woke up after a friend took this photo of me holding my stomach. “ENOUGH!” I thought, “I am going to rehabilitate, heal myself, fix my back and get on with living”. I began studying core stabilization, exercise, and sports science. I studied Pilates mat and reformer beds and Clinical Pilates. Exercise &Sports Science, rehabilitation, studied and understood the nutrition deficiency in the body and why this is happening. Every six months, I learn something new. I did my master’s in neurolinguistics and various other diplomas (see qualifications above). This led me to where I am today.
Slowly, I started exercising again, mainly doing core stability and Pilates reformer bed training, supplemented with lots of mind work. (Healthy mind – healthy body). I have dealt with any emotional blockages that arose during the process. I faced my fears and, once again, cleansed myself.
Today, I weigh 55 kilos with 18% body fat. I balance my lifestyle daily, eating more than any man I know. I eat approximately six small meals a day, sometimes more. Occasionally, it’s not too balanced, but that is okay because when I do get out of balance for a day or two, the important thing is that I bring myself back into balance quickly and without guilt. Nobody is perfect. My approach is all about mind-body-spirit-soul training. A holistic approach
I know that we can all have the body we want if we decide what that body is to look and feel like. It means creating a goal/vision and focusing on those goals with discipline, determination, and dedication.
The four D’s of achievement are Decision, Discipline, Dedication & Determination.
I wanted to share this story with you so that you will know where I have come from. I understand the heartache of not being fit and healthy. I empathize with your frustration when you do not achieve your weight loss or goals. I know what it’s like to have back pain and not be able to walk or sleep. I have turned my life around, and I can assist you in doing the same.
Make a Change with Body positive vibes!
The most significant lesson I have learned over these years is that it doesn’t matter what shape or size you are. It’s who you are and whether you are happy with yourself the way you are now that counts most. You have healthy self-esteem if you genuinely say, “I am okay!” and are satisfied with yourself, regardless of your shape and size. So, for me these days, it’s about a mind/body/spirit, balance, and accepting what shape you are in right now. If you’re not happy, ask yourself, “Why not?” “What can I do to help myself?” If you don’t like it, do something about it TODAY. Decide to make the changes.
Today, I enjoy exercise. I love the shape, strength, and endurance exercise and mobility training I give me. I teach circus, aerial yoga, and antigravity fitness. It’s invigorating, and I feel alive. Today, I know myself inside and out. I now understand and embrace my weaknesses and strengths. We all have them. It is essential to love and accept yourself as you are; we are all human with strengths and weaknesses.
I love taking time for myself and love my own company. I am at peace with myself.
Being honest with yourself does not make you vulnerable. It makes you powerful. When you are real, you can then make the Decision. I have found peace deep within myself and love my company. I have learned that nobody can bring you peace as it comes from within. I understand that we all have layers, just like onions. Take the first step to getting the lifestyle and shape you want – today.
Why not do it today? So my question for you is, do you want to:
• Lose weight with a Body positive vibes
• Get fit and learn to love yourself and be happy with yourself,
• Improve your body shape and tone with our Body transformation programs
• Do Pilates mat classes, Reformer Bed Pilates
• Rehabilitate • Pain management learn new exercises; we have so much variety to offer you here at our unique studio
• feel great about you – Mindfulness & Meditation & Breathing
• Do Yoga-lates, or why not try Aerial Yoga, AntiGravity Fitness, Circus, Silks, Lyra, rope rings, AntiGravity, and Restorative yoga.
• Seek Lifestyle balancing
• Experience Lifestyle Coaching
• Have fun, Get fit, Kids fitness, then call us for a complimentary consultation and tour of our unique studio.
If you answered Yes to any of the above, then call me now for a complimentary consultation, where we will chat about your fitness needs and goals – my landline is 03 94192033, mobile 0412526383 or email